BeNOW Web Framework Tutorials
There are several tutorials for using the various aspects of the BeNOW Web Framework.
- Creating a Web Application - This tutorial covers
creating and customizing a web application.
- XSL Overview - The Web API uses XSL as the primary page
display mechanism. This tutorial provides a brief overview of XSL.
- Creating Pages -This tutorial details the process of
creating pages which produce HTML for the visiting browser.
- Creating Service Pages -This tutorial details the process of
creating dynamic pages using a service as the data source.
- Using Remote Services - Remote access to services via HTTP requests
is provided by the Web API. This tutorial demonstrates service provision and accessing services on remote machines.
- Advanced Web Topics - A grab bag detailing advanced
functionality and usage of the web framework.
- Connecting to a Repository - Databases are
often a source for dynamic data for a web page. This tutorial details connecting to the
BeNOW Object Repository API.
- Using the Repository - This tutorial explores
the way to use the repository as a repository for and source of objects for dynamic pages.
- Using the Security API describes Users, Permissions and Roles
and how to use them. Proper use of the Security API within the Web API is advised to limit the potential for
corrupted or misused data.
- Creating Services - A service is a grouping
of related processing. Services act as the data source and control interface to application.
This tutorial demonstrates the creation of services.
- Creating Secure Services - By securing services properly, the Web API can be a fine multi-user
cross-platorm, language neutral functionality provider. This tutorial describes the
creation of secure services.
- Using the XML API - This tutorial demonstrates the
production of XML from objects, the creation of objects from XML
and the customization of produced XML. The XML API makes it very
easy to integrate XML into your java applications.
Java Utilities Tutorials
- Using the Configuration API - This tutorial demonstrates the
Configuration API, including the declaration of configuration entries, persistence engines
and specifying custom values.
The BeNOW tutorials are a work in progress. If you have any comments or suggestions, please email <firstname.lastname@example.org